The usable payload of many 4X4 vehicles today is minimal. Additional basic optional equipment and two or three adult male occupants will bring the vehicle close to its legal maximum weight (GVM) in many cases. Add long range fuel tanks, bull bars, winches, side steps, roof racks, recovery gear and a payload of camping equipment or an industrial type custom body and the vehicle will ultimately exceed the Original Equipment allowable Gross Vehicle Mass.
Original Equipment suspension is designed for comfort above all other considerations, thus load carrying and performance can be compromised. Whereas, GVM designed suspension systems come with matched components for the ultimate in performance, load carrying, and handling.
Our GVM kits are fully track tested in conjunction with a Certified Automotive Engineering Signatory to achieve maximum stability, braking performance, ADR (Australian Design Rules) conformity and operator comfort, before test data and documentation are forwarded to the DEPARTMENT of INFRASTRUCTURE, TRANSPORT, REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT and LOCAL GOVERNMENT for full analysis.
The solution for owners/managers of Ford PK Ranger & Mazda BT50 (early) vehicles who have a need to carry loads to a GVM of 3280kg (up from 2978kg standard GVM), while at the same time meeting the practical and documentary compliance requirements of Work Safety, Police Licensing, Insurance, Lessor’s and Fleet Managers.
WHAT AMOUNT OF INCREASE SHOULD YOU EXPECT?
- Officially sanctioned GVM Kit provides:
- GVM to 3280kg
- GVM increase of 302kg
WHAT COMPONENTS COME IN THE GVM UPGRADE KIT?
Kit includes the following:
- 2 x Heavy Duty Front Torsion Bars
- 2 x Heavy Duty Rear Leaf Springs
- 4 x Gas Legend 36mm Twin tube, Long Travel Gas Shock Absorbers
- 3 x Urethane bush kits to suit leaf spring eyes and shackles.
- 4 x High Tensile U-Bolts
- 2 x Greasable shackles
- 2 x Greasable pins
- 1 x Brake Load Proportioning Link Spacer
- 1 x Compliance plate with revised GVM of 3280kg
- 1 x Brake Load Proportioning Valve Adjustment Warning Decal
- 1 x Tyre Placard (Decal) with revised axle capacities