(REAR AXLE UPGRADE ONLY)
The usable payload of many vehicles today is minimal. Additional basic optional equipment and two or three adult male occupants will bring the vehicle close to its legal maximum weight (GVM) in many cases. Add long range fuel tanks, bull bars, winches, side steps, roof racks, recovery gear and a payload of camping equipment or an industrial type custom body and the vehicle will ultimately exceed the Original Equipment allowable Gross Vehicle Mass.
Original Equipment suspension is designed for comfort above all other considerations, thus load carrying and performance can be compromised. Whereas, GVM designed suspension systems come with matched components for the ultimate in performance, load carrying, and handling.
Our GVM kits are fully track tested in conjunction with a Certified Automotive Engineering Signatory to achieve maximum stability, braking performance, ADR (Australian Design Rules) conformity and operator comfort, before test data and documentation are forwarded to the DEPARTMENT of INFRASTRUCTURE, TRANSPORT, REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT and LOCAL GOVERNMENT for full analysis.
GVM Upgrade Kits provide a solution for owners/managers of a range of vehicles who have a need to carry loads which exceed the Original Equipment GVM specifications while at the same time meeting the practical and documentary compliance requirements of Work Safety, Police Licensing, Insurance, Lessors and Fleet Managers.
WHAT AMOUNT OF INCREASE SHOULD YOU EXPECT?
Rear GVM to 3080g
GVM increase of kg over the rear axle only
Vehicle GVM Information:
Manufacturers GVM & Rear Axle Limit:
- Dual Cab: 2710kg – Axle Limit: 1550kg
- Single Cab: 2780kg – Axle Limit: 1750kg
- Extra Cab: 2740kg – Axle Limit: 1725kg
Increased GVM & Rear Axle Limit:
- Dual Cab: 3080kg – Axle Limit: 1920kg
- Single Cab: 3080kg – Axle Limit: 2050kg
- Extra Cab: 3080kg – Axle Limit: 2065kg
WHAT COMPONENTS COME IN THE GVM UPGRADE KIT?
Kit includes the following:
- 2 x Heavy Duty Rear Leaf Springs
- 2 x Gas Shock Absorbers
- 2 x Urethane bush kits to suit leaf spring eyes and shackles.
- 4 x High Tensile U-Bolts
- 2 x Greasable shackles
- 2 x Greasable pins
- 1 x Load Sensing Pressure Valve Extension Nut
- 1 x Rear Differential Lamination Kit
- 1 x Compliance plate with revised GVM of 3080kg
- 1 x Brake Load Proportioning Valve Adjustment Warning Decal
- 1 x Tyre Placard (Decal) with revised axle capacities